Welcome to Tilburg University
Tilburg University is a research university based in the South of the Netherlands. We are located in the so-called Brainport region, which is Europe’s top technology region. Tilburg University is known for its high-quality education, social orientation, international outlook, and strong campus feeling.
Our mission is to inspire students to contribute to the development of a better, fairer, and more sustainable society. Hence our motto: Understanding Society.
Our Bachelor's and Master's programs
Tilburg University offers more than 70 English-taught Bachelor’s, (pre-)Master’s and Research Master’s programs in the areas of:
- Economics, Management & Business
- Law & Public Administration
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Communication & Digital Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Theology
Learn more about our study programs via the following links:
- Our international Bachelor’s programs
- Admission and application to our international Bachelor’s programs
- Our international Master’s programs
Why Tilburg University?
- We offer innovative and unique programs, which cannot be found anywhere else.
- Tilburg University has a green, modern campus located on the edge of a forest. It is bustling with student activity and offers a great place for students to form a close-knit international community.
- Understanding Society: all our study programs are related to society and are meant to instill a curious attitude. You will develop a broad and open mindset, and learn how to advance society.
- Feel at home in our international community with students from more than 110 different countries.
- The city of Tilburg is the 7th largest city in the Netherlands, with 217.000 inhabitants.
- Brabant, the province where we are located, is the fastest-growing economic area of the Netherlands.
- Times Higher Education, 2021: top #50 worldwide in Business & Economics, Law and Psychology;
- Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, 2021: #l7 worldwide in Business Administration;
- QS Rankings by Subject, 2021: top #36 worldwide, #1 in the Netherlands in Accounting & Finance and Economics & Econometrics
Why study in the Netherlands?
- Excellent education: Dutch research universities belong to the top 2% of universities in the world (Times Higher Education Ranking 2021).
- A truly international experience: the Netherlands is home to students from more than 160 countries.
- The Netherlands has a long tradition of teaching in English.
- You will find student-centered, interactive education.
- Almost all Dutch people speak English; it's very easy to get around without speaking Dutch.
- Value for money: the universities are mostly public, not-for-profit. EU citizens can benefit from government-sponsored fees. Non-EU fees are higher, but still very competitive.
- Non-EEA/EU: (approx.) €9,000 - €10,900/year in 2022-23
- Non-EEA/EU: average of €14,900 in 2022-23
- Please note that a few programs offer a waivered fee, while some others have a slightly higher fee than the above average.
- Research-Masters: €2,205/year
- All admitted non-EEA Research Master's students automatically receive the Research Master Scholarship, paying then the subsidized EEA fee (statutory fee)
- Pre-Master: €2,205/year or €1,102.5/semester
- Non-EEA/EU: average of €14,900 in 2022-23
- For more information, please check our tuition fees website
Should you have questions about the university, its programs, the city of Tilburg, Brainport Region and how it is to live in the Netherlands, you are very welcome to come have a chat with us during the fair or contact us afterwards via www.tilburguniversity.edu/contactus
In 2020, Tilburg University welcomed 19,347 students. At the university, there is a strong international community with students from over 110 different nationalities around the world.
Apart from regular studies, Tilburg University offers many opportunities for extracurricular activities and associations that students can join. For example, the university has 25+ study associations, which offer additional study support and organize fun social and career events. If you are interested in meeting like-minded people, you can also become a member of one of the university's 4 student associations and 20 different sports associations.
To learn more about student life at Tilburg University, visit our website.
Living costs and accommodation
The estimated living expenses in Tilburg are €700-1000 per month (books, transport, food, housing, insurance). Prices for rooms in Tilburg vary between €350 and €750 euro per month. Although the university does not offer student accommodation itself, we can assist you to find a room. You can find a list of recommended websites for housing here: www.tilburguniversity.edu/accommodation