The University of Macerata (UniMC) was founded in 1290 and is one of the oldest universities in Europe. Over the years thousands of UniMc graduates have become distinguished professionals, entrepreneurs, leading public figures, educators, researchers: without any doubt, a bit of Italian, European and international history has been built by the alumni of UniMC.
This glorious past is projected into the future and UniMc is strongly committed to innovation both in teaching and research: the focus on the humanities and social sciences is UniMC’s main strength, and “innovating through the humanities” is its motto. Those interested in Law, Political Science and International Relations, Economics and Business, Education, Tourism and Cultural Heritage, Communication, Languages, Philosophy, and History, can find at UniMc a perfect place!
The University mission consists in:
- increasing the value of a more than seven-century-long history dedicated to the merit and the quality of all the students, researchers, professors and technical-administrative staff;
- planning our choices with commitment and intelligence;
- improving and promoting the results of research into the excellence areas;
- expanding our international network to support the local development.
UniMC provides an international environment and by state-of-the-art services. At the same time it offers a unique opportunity to experience a typical Italian way of life: the university is located in the town center, with its historic buildings and medieval pathways. It is a “campus in the town”!
The town of Macerata is a quiet but vibrant town, located between the sea and the mountains, the perfect equilibrium between nature and man-made constructions. Many cultural events take place in Macerata, some of which are international renowned, such as the opera season “Macerata Opera” and the singer-songwriter festival “Musicultura”, both taking place in the unique and spectacular setting of the Sferisterio Arena.
The area is characterised by an excellent quality of life, due to the province’s clean air and natural parks, as welll as to its peaceful yet lively atmosphere present in all surrounding towns and cities dotting the local landscape. The city of Macerata is located in an ideal location for reaching all that the province has to offer. The Adriatic Sea Coast, ski resorts, the National Park of the Sibillini mountains, as well as other interesting and important historical cities and sites are all relatively nearby.
Culture and art dominate the city: lots of monuments and museums along with the excellence of civil, religious and military architecture, archaeological sites, historical theatres and libraries scattered through the territory, make Macerata profoundly tied to it’s cultural roots.
|Economics||International Finance & Economics||Masters||2 years|
|Travel & Tourism||International tourism and destination management||Masters||2 years|
|International Relations||International Relations||Masters||2 years|
|Law||International, European and Comparative Legal Studies||Bachelors||3 years|
UniMC international prospective students
- Which type of courses are offered at the University of Macerata?
The University of Macerata is an Italian public Higher Education Institution established in 1290 and specialised in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities. It offers a wide range of undergraduate (bachelor’s degree programmes), postgraduate (master’s degree programmes) and PhD programmes from Languages to History and Philosophy, from Education to Tourism and Cultural Heritage, from Economics to Business, from Law to Political Science and Communication. Have a look at this webpage to know more about UniMC and its programmes:https://www.unimc.it/en/the-university
- Does the University of Macerata offer any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programmes?
No, it does not: the University of Macerata is specialised in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities and offers courses in the fields of History, Philosophy, Education, Tourism, Cultural Heritage, Economics, Business, Law, Political Science, Communication and International Relations. Have a look at this webpage to know more about us and programmes: https://www.unimc.it/en/the-university
- Are there any programmes taught in English language at the University of Macerata?
Yes, there are 6 programmes entirely taught in English language at UniMC:
- the bachelor’s degree program “International European Comparative Legal Studies” (IECoLS, L-14), offered by the Department of Law (https://www.unimc.it/en/iecols)
the following master’s degree programs:
- “International Finance and Economics” (IFE), curriculum of the course “Financial Markets and Brokerages” (LM-77), offered by the Department of Economics and Law (http://economiaediritto.unimc.it/en/ife)
- “International Relations” (IR, LM-42), with three different curricula “International Politics and Economic Relations”, “International Economic Relations”, “International Politics”, run by the Department of Political Science, Communication and International Relations (https://ir.unimc.it/)
- “International Tourism and Destination Management” (ITOURDEM, LM-49), offered by the Department of Education, Cultural Heritage and Tourism (http://sfbct.unimc.it/en/courses/degree-courses/itourdem/)
the following PhD programs, run by the PhD School of UniMC (https://www.unimc.it/en/courses/phd-programmes):
- “Global Studies. Justice, rights, politics”
- Quantitative methods for policy evaluation”
The other courses are offered in Italian language (https://www.unimc.it/it/didattica).