Choose Waterford Get to know a thriving city-Dip deep into Waterford’s revolutionary history -Ireland’s oldest city, established by the Vikings!, music, and creativity.
- Safe and welcoming student-friendly
- Awarded Ireland’s cleanest city with no pollution or traffic problems.
- Compact city centre where you can go everywhere on foot, by bike or on excellent public transport o Near beaches and mountains, excellent sporting and leisure facilities
- Great cultural events, shopping, nightlife, festivals and music scene.
- Wide range of courses in Engineering, Science, Health Science, Business, Social Science, Arts and Humanities o Qualifications to PhD
- Top-ranked Institute in Ireland (Sunday Times Good University Guide) o Excellent reputation for internationalisation o 145 + International education partners
- Works closely with major companies and industries o Personal focus and small classes.
WIT - proudly celebrating 50 years of inspiration, imagination and innovation
This year, WIT proudly celebrates the 50th anniversary of its foundation. From a small, region-focused technical college with one building, WIT has grown to be amongst Ireland’s largest providers of higher education. The golden milestone in 2020 provides us with an opportunity to reflect on and celebrate the many achievements of the Institute and in particular the leadership role WIT has provided down through the years in the social, cultural and economic development of the city and the region, as well as nationally.
WIT has led the IoT sector in the development of teaching and research; we were amongst the first of the IoTs to award degrees, amongst the first to award PhDs, and we continue to outperform most other colleges in our sector, as well as some universities, in research. We have made a lasting contribution to widening access routes to education and have for many decades worked tirelessly to ensure that every citizen in the South East has opportunities to meet his or her full academic potential through our programme offerings.