Founded in 1845, NUI Galway is located in the West of Ireland, in Galway - the ‘City of the Tribes’. Uniquely located in a beautiful historic campus in the west coast of Ireland, on the edge of the Wild Atlantic Way coastline and only 2 hours drive from Dublin.
Galway is a place like no other. Set on the Wild Atlantic Way, on the broad sweep of Galway Bay, Galway is as distinctive as it is beautiful. From this position on the Atlantic edge of Europe, NUI Galway has a proud history of reaching out and connecting with the world. Galway casually combines the energy of a young and diverse population, with the authenticity of a place steeped in history and tradition. We are renowned as a place where arts and culture are celebrated, reinterpreted and shared with the world.
NUI Galway has a growing international reputation based on the quality of our teaching and the global impact of our research.
'My experience as an international student has been positive overall. NUI Galway has an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, with strong links to industry. There is a place for everyone with over 100 societies. The availability of options is unprecedented. Upon arrival, we were welcomed and properly guided through well-organised orientation days, as well as intercultural awareness training. The staff at NUI Galway are very competent and helpful towards the needs of the students.
NUI Galway has an ideal multicultural environment and interactions are quite easy, with mutual respect and understanding to make new friends every day. Since I am steeped in numerous societies, there is always a buzz about something interesting. Also, the societies organise events year-round trying to get like-minded people acquainted and create something productive. The chaplaincy provides spiritual help and guidance to anyone in need. Throughout the year there’s a fun atmosphere at ‘Sult’ in our college campus that gives it an aura of fun and relaxation. The college also has in-house doctors and massage clinics. Any service needed for students are already available.'
- Founded in 1845, NUI Galway is located in the West of Ireland, in Galway - the ‘City of the Tribes’.
- Uniquely located in a beautiful historic campus in the west coast of Ireland, on the edge of the Wild Atlantic Way coastline.
- Galway casually combines the energy of a young and diverse population, with the authenticity of a place steeped in history and tradition. We are renowned as a place where arts and culture are celebrated, reinterpreted and shared with the world.
- Galway is a Global Medtech hub.
- #1 Galway has been dubbed the 'Most Charming City’ by the New York Times.
- Galway is the World’s Friendliest City!
- Galway has a larger international community than any other city in Ireland, according to the most recent census.
- It is now ranked in top 2% of universities in the world.
- 98% of our graduates are working or in further study 6 months after graduating.
- NUI Galway is home to almost 4,000 International Students, from 110 different countries, making us the most international university in Ireland
English Language requirements:
IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any component. TOEFL 88, PTE 61.
Medicine: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.5 in any component, this is only for 1st years. TOEFL 88 PTE 61.
Country Academic Entry Requirements:
Click here for Entry Requirements for the Philippines.
Click here for undergraduate and postgraduate tuition fees.
Approximately 520 euro per month, it will increase if you book campus accommodation. Click here for accommodation information.
How to apply:
Click here on how to apply for NUI Galway Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. Application fee is 35 euro for your first application and your second application fee is waived.
Please see our range of scholarships from 2,000 euro to full tuition fee waivers here.
English Language Center and Courses
Clubs and Societies and Sports:
EU/NON-EU Category Assessment:
Cost of living
University Road, Newcastle, Galway.