A UNIQUE ECOSYSTEM OF TRANSMISSION
The Institut Paul Bocuse is one of the international elite schools in the fields of Hospitality Management, Food Service Management and Culinary Arts.
Institut Paul Bocuse trains more than 1,200 students each year, representing 68 nationalities studying on 10 international campuses. From undergraduate through to doctoral level, our courses benefit from an innovative teaching approach recognised by the Worldwide Hospitality Awards.
Our Institute is a member of the elite Conférence des Formations d’Excellence du Tourisme (CFET) and of the AACSB global business education network. We are also the only hospitality school member in France of the Hotel Schools of Distinction network.
Our 3 or 4-year diplomas, approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, provide you with the skills you need to succeed in your career in the highly dynamic hotel, hospitality and services sector. The international Master’s degree programs trains you to become one of the world's top hospitality leaders.
Resolutely innovative, our pedagogical approach, inspired by the "test & learn" philosophy, alternates operational and strategic aspects. 50% of your training is dedicated to professional situations and projects in our training hotels and restaurants: a 5-star school hotel (Le Royal MGallery *****), a hotel residence and 6 training restaurants ( (Saisons 1 Michelin star, l’Institut and Expérience F&B) .
During your training, you gradually adopt a managerial stance that allows you to rapidly develop your career: team spirit, leadership, communication, analysis and decision-making.
Each year, you will complete a 4 to 6 month internship in France and abroad.
You have the choice to follow the program in French and English or entirely in English.
- The Bachelor's degree in International Hotel Management provides you with the skills you need to succeed in your career in the hyper-dynamic hotel, hospitality and services sector.
Careers envisaged :
- Hotel manager
- Guest relations manager
- Front office manager
- Revenue manager
- Business Development Manager
- The Bachelor's degree in International Restaurant Management trains future restaurant experts: from fast food to traditional restaurants, from street food to gastronomy, from hotel catering to onboard catering, from commercial catering to contract catering.
Careers envisaged :
- Multi-site restaurant manager
- F&B Manager
- Concept creator
- Responsible for import/export of food products
- Management controller
- Responsible for event partnerships
The Bachelor of Management of Culinary Arts prepares you to become a high-level, creative and innovative manager in the kitchen, pastry and culinary events sectors.
- Chef de cuisine
- Head Caterer
- Chef at home
- Pastry chef
- Manager in air, rail and sea catering
- Culinary Production Consultant
- Sales or technical sales manager for equipment manufacturers
- Purchasing and supply manager...
The Bachelor in International Pastry Management Bachelor in International Pastry Management will prepare you to become a highly qualified professional equipped with the creativity, expertise and leadership skills for a successful career in the pastry, bakery, chocolate and confectionary sectors.
- Restaurant pastry chef
- Pastry outlet owner
- Pastry chef at home
- Pastry consultant
- Chocolate-confectionary chef
- Boutique pastry chef
- Catering pastry chef
- Product development manager
Pursuit of studies in MSc in International Hospitality Management, the result of a partnership between the Institut Paul Bocuse and emlyon business school.
The International Hospitality Management program trains you to become one of the world's top hospitality leaders.
Continuation of studies in Master's degree Culinary Leadership & Innovation in partnership with Haaga Helia University - University of Applied Sciences (Finland).
ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU
Whether you are a French or an international student, our International Student Affairs team (ISA) is available to help you with administrative formalities upon your arrival. Our objective is to help you settle into your new environment as quickly as possible so that you can make the most of your experience at Institut Paul Bocuse in complete peace of mind.
WE HELP YOU WITH YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES
- We help you get your visa or residency permit
- French Social Security Office formalities
- Setting up a bank account
- French Courses
If you need to improve your French level, you can sign up for one of the many General French Course run by our partner The Alliance Française de Lyon.
As a student of Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be able to benefit from special discounted rates. AFLyon teaching methods use the latest pedagogical innovations and focus on generating a dynamic communicative learning approach.
WE GUIDE AND SUPPORT YOU THROUGH YOUR NEW LIFE
- Social integration
Our purpose is to help you meet both French and international students. To help you fit into your new environment, we put on a range of different activities such as intercultural workshops, conferences on the management of diversity, or group sessions with a psychologist to learn more about the integration process in a new country.
- Discovery of French heritage
You’ll be offered the opportunity to discover our heritage through visits, meetings with food and wine producers, or evening tasting events where you can discover the delights of our regional produce, and much more!
Institut Paul Bocuse has been awarded the “Welcome to France” Label, which attests to the quality of its reception services for international students.
LEARNING FOR LIFE – WHERE PASSION RHYMES WITH EMOTION
We’ll ensure you make the most of every second of your life as a student, creating memorable “made in Institut Paul Bocuse” experiences.
Various student events are organized by our Feel Good Campus team throughout the year:
- A freshers’ welcome week to help you get to know your surroundings as well as your new classmates and build a strong sense of community. You’ll take part in team building activities, a city rally to discover Lyon and we’ll invite you to the Bocuse banquet …
- A never to be forgotten graduation ceremony. A moving, solemn and artistic evening that will remain forever engraved in your memory.
- Culinary competitions, such as Les éthiques Toques, a challenge where competitors use only eco-responsible recipes.
- Sports competitions organised with the other member institutions of the Lyon-ouest campus, including emlyon business school, Lyons Ecole Centrale and CESI ingeneering school.
- Various charity events and voluntary activities.
- Conferences on cultural and societal issues : the future of the tourism profession, FoodTech, sustainable development day, crowdfunding…
- On-campus contests where you can win many prizes.
At Institut Paul Bocuse, we put a special emphasis on extra-curricular activities to reinforce our values around mutual assistance, which we believe is vital for true personal and team development.
Our campus Students’ Union also offers you plenty of great opportunities to relax and have fun “after work”.
|Hospitality||BACHELOR (HONS.) IN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT||Bachelors||4 years||€ 11.700 per year|
|Hospitality||BACHELOR (HONS.) IN INTERNATIONAL FOOD SERVICE MANAGEMENT||Bachelors||4 years||€ 12.000 per year|
|Culinary Arts||https://en.institutpaulbocuse.com/level/bachelors/bachelor-in-international-culinary-arts-management/||Bachelors||3 years||. € 12.600|
|Culinary Arts||BACHELOR IN INTERNATIONAL PASTRY MANAGEMENT||Bachelors||3 years||€ 12.600 per year|
|Management||Master in CULINARY LEADERSHIP & INNOVATION||Masters||18 months full-time (including a 6-month work placement) (120 ECTS)||€ 18.100|
|Hospitality||MSc in INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT||Masters||16 months full-time (120 ECTS)||€ 27.000|
- 100% EMPLOYABILITY within 3 months after graduation
- 30 % of our Alumni start a successful own business after 3 years of graduation.
- 60% of our students begin their career overseas
- 800 leading partner companies
- More than 2000 best internship and job qualified offers per year.
Top 10 of the leading employers recruiting our graduate talents:
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (St Regis, W Hotel, etc.)
Hilton Worldwide Hotels & Resorts (Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, etc.)
Yannick Alléno Group
Maison Pic, Maison Troisgros
AccorHotels (world headquarters, Sofitel, M Gallery, Pullman, etc.)
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
Dorchester Collection (Plaza Athénée, les tables d’Alain Ducasse, etc. )
InterContinental Hotels Group
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts